Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Very Bad Day

Well guys, yesterday I had a very, very bad day! My humans and I went to the vet for my anti-rabies shot… I was so scared, I was shivering and I didn’t want to “talk” to anybody! My humans tried to cheer me up but I was too upset. Finally we got home and I was so happy… but not for long! After a few hours my head started to swollen up!!! My eyes, my face and after a couple of minutes my body too were full of bubbles! And it itched! I tried to make it go away, but I couldn’t! My humans were so scared! I looked like this ( but my head was much swollen up): http://pets.webshots.com/photo/1401405040053512775eydbDN. They called my vet and she said that it’s a reaction and they should give me “Claritine”… And they did! They did! After an hour my body came back to normal. But I was so sleepy… What a day!
The only good news is that my belly-button is ok! It closed and I don’t need an operation or anything like that! :)
Today, because I was such a good boy when I was sick, my humans bought me a new bone for me to chew and a new doggy bowl.

10 comments:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Wow that bone looks like a very formidable adversary!

I got the blow ups too, Mom always keeps Benadryl around and pops me half of one if I have a reaction to something.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Ronak said...

Uh oh Ronin. I am so glad that you're feeling ok! Allergic reactions are soooo scary and it's great that your humans were there to take care of you.
Cool new bone though! :)

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Thought about you all day yesterday - glad you are better little man!

Winston said...

Hey Ronin,
Glad you're ok. My parents say "you poor thing." I'm glad my parents never heard of all the reactions the puggies seem to have to anti-rabies shots or they probably would not have let me get the shot. Hope you feel much better.

The Grand Duke

Anonymous said...

Ah Ronin, Rosie has the same problem. Nothing scarier than watching your puggie's face balloon out and know that it is hot and itchy. When it happened to Rosie, of course it was after hours on a Saturday which cost us a nice trip to the after hours emergency vet clinic! So glad to hear your didn't have to put up with it long!

Oscar said...

I'm glad you're OK. I'm sure that was really scary! At least you got a new toy out of it!

Ronak said...

Ronin, how are you feeling now? I hope that you are much better!
puppy kissies,
Ronak (your almost name buddy!!)

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Hello Ronak! Hello everyone! Yup I'm feeling a lot better! All the bubbles are gone, my eyes look fine, I'm glad to say I'm ok! Thanks guys for being here!

Duke and Gidget said...

Wow Ronin, that must have been very scary. We are so glad to hear that you are feeling better. And we're glad to hear your belly button is OK too.
Oh by the way, you've been Christmas tagged by us. You can see our latest post for all the details.

My Pugs Blogger said...

That happened recently with our Miko too! Glad to hear everything is ok now.

Happy Holidays!